A Guide for the Day
Hire a private guide/guides for the day in the Lake District, North York Moors or the Yorkshire Dales
There are many and varied reasons why walkers will hire a Guide for the day.
- To give them confidence to climb that hill/mountain you have always wanted to climb
- To show them the best places to walk if they are unsure of the area
- They will tailor the day around the various abilities of individual party members
- The Guide will be first aid qualified and be aware of any potential hazards
- You will certainly learn some navigation tips on the way
- It is more fun if someone knows the area
The guides at Where2walk are all highly experienced walkers with experience of leading groups and will include at least 1 with Mountain Leader qualification and up to date First Aid training. As importantly they are passionate about the areas they walk in and knowledgeable about the landscape, the people who live and work there.
The guides are available for hire in both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District and will meet you at a suitable spot before heading off for the day. All you need to decide is if you want to take one of the many walks on this site or let us know the type of walk you wish to do and then turn up with suitable and appropriate equipment. All this entails is good stout boots, waterproofs and a hearty sandwich for lunch.
Below there are some examples of Guiding days that happened last year
- A family climbed Scafell Pike via the Corridor Route
- A party of Canadians were guided up Whernside from Dent and down to Ingleborough
- A group of friends from London wished to experience more than a lakeside walk so we took them to Easedale Tarn and Helm Crag (the Lion & the Lamb)
- Limestone walking from Clapham, we ended up climbing Ingleborough!
A guide will cost £150 for up to 8 adults . For more than 8 adults e mail us for a quote.
If you would like a Guide for the day for the Yorkshire 3 Peaks click here
Bring your children and/or your dogs - all are welcome and particularly with children it is great to offer them a chance to enjoy our fabulous countryside.
If you would like a guide please read and agree to our Booking Conditions and complete and return the attached Booking Form. If you have any queries simply e mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org