- Gateway to Wasdale and the Scafells
- Inn of character and history
- Rooms or apartments available
Welcome to Gosforth Hall Inn, a place where we greet you as strangers hoping you’ll leave us as friends. On the Wasdale gateway, leading to Scafell Pike and Wastwater, Gosforth Hall offers an ideal base for walkers, climbers and golfers.
Built in 1658 the Hall retains many original features and is reputed to house the largest spanning sandstone hearth in England. The bedrooms in the 17th Century Inn are currently being renovated to reinstate original features including, large beams, sandstone fireplaces and windows. These are due to come back on line January 2015.
The Annex opened in December 2011 and was built to a high specification using quality products, materials and workmanship. To complement the Hall its local slate and sandstone structures has given the build an impression of a conversion or renovation and attention to thermal and acoustic properties adds to the quality of the accommodation. Rooms in the Annex offer king size or twin beds, solid oak doors and floors, flat screen TVs, WiFi and walk-in wet rooms. These rooms are renowned to be some of the best in the area.
Things you might like to know about the Hall.
– All rooms in the Annex convert into twin en-suites
– A number of rooms offer unspoilt views of the fells (weather dependent)
– Family apartments to accommodate two adults and up to five children
– Church located only 50 metres away for weddings or christenings.
– Free WiFi and Car Parking
– Disabled/Wheelchair friendly ground floor room
– Restaurant open to non-residents
– Conference and training facilities catered for
– Pre-arranged early check-ins and late check-outs available for an additional Â£20
– Dog friendly in the bar, lounge and beer garden
– Large groups welcome.