“90 miles from Saltaire to Appleby sticking to the higher lands wherever possible “
This is a long distance trail for walkers who prefer (and have the confidence) to stick to the higher ground, take in some peaks and love the far reaching views and and exhilaration of long wide ridges.
For more details on the route refer to our Dales High Way page
The two itineraries below are the most popular but you may wish to plan shorter or longer days, just let us know or ask our advice.
Suggested Itinerary A (6 days/7 nights)
Day 1. Saltaire to Skipton 18 miles
Highlights: Ilkley Moor, Skipton Moor, Addingham
Day 2. Skipton to Settle 19 miles
Highlights: Sharp Haw, Malham, Malham Cove, Limestone walking
Day 3. Settle to Chapel-le- Dale 14 miles
Highlights: Stainforth, Feizor, Ingleborough
Day 4. Chapel-le-Dale to Sedbergh 15 miles
Highlights: Ribblehead, Whernside, Dent
Day 5. Sedbergh to Newbiggin-on-Lune 11 miles
Highlights: Howgills, the Calf, Views over the Lakes
Day 6. Newbiggin-on-Lune to Appleby 13 miles
Highlights: Great Asby, Limestone pavements, Appleby castle
Suggested Itinerary B (8 days/9 nights)
Day 1. Saltaire to Ilkley 9 miles
Day 2. Ilkley to Skipton 9 miles
Day 3. Skipton to Malham 11 miles
Day 4. Malham to Settle 8 miles
Day 5. Settle to Chape-le- Dale 14 miles
Day 6. Chapel-le-Dale to Sedbergh 15 miles
Day 7. Sedbergh to Newbiggin-on-Lune 11 miles
Day 8. Newbiggin-on-Lune to Appleby 13 miles
One of the great advantages of a walking holiday on A Dales High Way is its close proximity to the spectacular Settle to Carlisle railway and the ease of access to return to your holiday start point.
Let us book your Dales High Way holiday and you will receive..
- Advice on the best number of days for your ability
- An accommodation booking service
- A guidebook of the route
- Extra information on key route finding decisions, what to look out for (often short detours off the route)
- Emergency contact details
- A baggage movement service (optional)
- Please contact us via the Contact Form or e mail email@example.com .
- We will email you a sample itinerary and quote within 48 hours
- To book please read out Booking Conditions and then fill in and return the attached Booking Form (click to download)