On one of our Hosted Walking Holidays for Single Travellers or Small Groups of friends in comfortable ensuite single rooms.
Stay at High Trenhouse, a high quality retreat near the banks of Malham Tarn in the heart of the Dales.
A knowledgeable host will act also as your walking guide as they help you immerse yourself in to the landscape and history of the area. Not only will they be on hand during the day but also in the evening as you learn more about the area.
High Trenhouse has evolved over the past thirty years. Known primarily as a dedicated residential management retreat, now it is opening its doors to welcome small groups of leisure visitors who want to get a little off the beaten track, yet be accessible to the most outstanding natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales.
Waking up to the quiet of Malham Moor and the beautiful gardens overlooking the stunning Tarn, sets the scene for each day. Perfectly designed walks with the best guide to ensure a most amazing break from the rigors of everyday life.
Delicious home-cooked food and warm hospitality are characteristics at High Trenhouse, a place that sings to your tune. As part of the walking group you are the only guests staying. Add the feeling of seclusion, of safety and wellbeing with the beautiful natural surroundings and you experience total relaxation.
Malham is wonderful for refreshing the mind, especially when led by Jonathan Smith, an experienced mountain guide, outdoor enthusiast and lover of the Dales, who will help to immerse you in to the landscape and history of the area. On hand during the day for the walks but also in the evening as you learn more about the area.
For more information about Jonathan, your host and mountain guide click here
The cost of the walking holiday is £495 pp and includes:
- Full Board. Dinner, bed and breakfast (including a packed lunch)
- Services of your experienced host and walking guide.
- Comfortable ensuite single rooms
- Facilities of High Trenhouse including your own bar, lounge, dining room and extensive private gardens
- Exclusive groups between 6 and 12 persons
A Sample Itinerary Friday – Monday
* Day 1 Arrive at leisure from 2pm onwards to an afternoon tea, explore the grounds and settle in. Enjoy a pre-dinner drink and meet fellow guests your hosts.
* Day 2 Enjoy a full English breakfast before setting off on the Malham circular walk including visiting Malham Cove, Gordale Scar, Janet’s Foss and Malham Tarn. A packed lunch incorporating interesting locally sourced produce is provided. Free time in the early evening followed by a relaxing evening dinner with your guiding host.
* Day 3 A full English breakfast starts the day with either a climb of Pen y Ghent or a shorter walk to the nature reserve at Malham Tarn – determined by the group and the weather. A Yorkshire styled dinner followed by an evening in the gardens watching the stars (weather permitting).
* Day 4 A hearty full English breakfast followed by a half day walk amongst the limestone pavements between Malham and Settle, packed lunch and depart.
The groups will be small, between 6 and 12 persons
How to Book:
To find out more contact us via email@example.com or call on 07824 304060 and ask to speak to Jonathan or Helen.
Private Parties of more than 6 persons. If you are a private party of 8 or more persons please contact us to discuss a personal itinerary and arrangements