“A week long multi day walk passing through the heart of the Yorkshire Dales”
The Bracken Way includes visits to Malham Cove, Aysgarth and Hardraw Falls, Askrigg (where James Herriott was filmed), Dent, Ingleton Falls and many more special places. This is an increasingly popular long distance walk which passes through 6 major Dales and includes the option of visiting a 7th.
The itinerary below is the most popular but has some long days so some people may choose to split some days. We can advise where this is possible.
For more details on the route (and my personal account of the walk) refer to our Bracken Way page
Day 1 Settle to Malham 7 miles
Visits Settle, limestone scenery and Malham Cove
Day 2. Malham to Kettlewell 14 miles
Visits Gordale Scar, Malham Tarn & Littondale .
Day 3. Kettlewell to West Burton 15 miles
Visits Buckden Pike, Walden Vale, West Burton
Day 4. West Burton to Hawes 16 miles
Visits Castle Bolton, Aysgarth Falls, Askrigg, Hardraw Falls, Hawes
Day 5 Rest Day in Hawes
Optional visit to Semer Water (8 miles round trip)
Day 6 Hawes to Dent 17.5 miles
Visits Great Knowberry, Dent Station, Cowgill, Dent village
Day 7 Dent to Ingleton 15.5 miles
Visits Whernside, Twisleton Scar, Ingleton waterfalls
Day 8 Ingleton to Settle 15.5 miles
Visits Clapham, Austwick, limestone scenery. Option for Ingleborough
2 Day Optional Extension to Swaledale
Visits Muker, Gunnerside and some remote moorland
Our Bracken Way holiday offers the following
- Advice and recommendations for you on the type of walk and how long it may take you.
- An accommodation booking service
- The 2 relevant Ordnance Survey 1.25,000 maps with the route marked and alternatives suggested
- Extra information on key route finding decisions, what to look out for (often short detours off the route)
- Emergency contact details
- A baggage movement service (optional) where your bags are moved daily to your next accommodation
- Please contact us via the Contact Form or via email@example.com for further information and prices.
- We will e mail you an itinerary and quote within 48 hours (if you do not receive your quote by then please check your spam folder)
- To book please first read our Booking Conditions and then fill in the attached Booking Form