“An arrow through the centre of the spectacular Lake District”
The Cumbria Way passes south to north through the heart of the Lake District visiting Coniston, Langdale, Borrowdale, Keswick & Caldbeck with opportunities to climb a few fells on the way. The itinerary allows for maximum flexibility, particularly in the central section
The itinerary below is the most popular but you may wish to plan shorter or longer days. Just let us know or call to discuss what is best.
For more details on the Cumbria Way (and my personal account of the walk) refer to our Cumbria Way page
Suggested Itinerary (6 days/7 nights)
Day1. Depart Ulverston, arrive Coniston 14 miles
Highlights: A visit to Beacon Tarn, lakeside walk on Coniston
Day 2 Depart Coniston, arrive Langdale 11 miles
Highlights: Tarn Hows and lovely Elterwater
Day 3 Depart Langdale, arrive Borrowdale 8 miles
Highlights: the Langdale Valley and Langstrath
Day 4 Depart Borrowdale, arrive Keswick 7 miles
Highlights: Surprise View, Walla Crag & Derwentwater
Day 5 Depart Keswick, arrive Caldbeck 14 miles
Highlights: Bassenthwaite, Back o’ Skidda
Day 6 Depart Caldbeck, arrive Carlisle 14 miles
Highlights: The River Caldew, completing the Cumbria Way!
Typical 5 Days Walking/6 nights Itinerary
It is perfectly possible to combine days 3 and 4 and complete the Cumbria Way in 5 days.
Our Cumbria Way holiday offers the following
- Advice on the best day by day breakdown
- An accommodation booking service
- 2 maps (O/S 1.25,000) with the route marked and alternatives suggested
- Extra information on key route finding decisions, what to look out for (often short detours off the route)
- Emergency contact details
- Please contact us via the Contact Form or email email@example.com for further details and prices. We will email you a sample itinerary and quote within 48 hours.
- To book please first read our Booking Conditions and then fill in the attached Booking Form