Some more options...
Some recommended walks in the area...
- Circle a lovely reservoir
- Views over the eastern Lakes
- Peaceful and quiet
- Great views from the 'Heights'
- Pretty walking in the lush woodland
- Pleasant for locals and visitors alike
- A peaceful moorland walk of great variety
- Spectacular waterfall at Caudron Snout.
- Follows the Pennine Way along the River Tees
- Pretty stretch of riverside walking
- Start and finish in the village of Staveley
- Visit two tarns nestling in the bracken and heather
- Lovely lakeside walk
- The full circuit is next to the lake
- Quieter than most lakeside walks
- Remote road end walking
- Undulating ridge with great views
- Look out for the herds of red deer
- Great views of southern Lakeland
- Short walk from Ambleside
- Visit pretty Lily Tarn
- Quiet walking on pleasant paths
- Long distance views over the Lakeland fells
- Underbarrow is a lovely village, full of interest
- Easy walking on a high and extensive ridge
- 360 degree views of real quality
- A hidden corner away from the crowds